Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Day of First Grade

Our little Ally started first grade August 17, 2009. Wow, is time flying by! I was just telling her the other day how she used to sit on the arm of the recliner and play with my hair while I rocked and fed baby Mya. She was 2 when Mya was born and still such a babe herself. It's amazing how quickly things change.
She is truly loving first grade. Mrs. Wilson is her teacher and there are 12 students in her class. Love that!! We are well on our way. We have had homework and books to read. We absolutely love to see her progress and we are amazed at how quickly the reading has come along. It's going to be a great year.

Check out the beautiful new tennis shoes!!

Ally picked out her back-pack because it had owls on it. Get it "owly." It's like her name.
Funny little story about the tennis shoes. Ally was so worried about getting her shoes dirty. I told her, "Ally, they are going to get dirty, don't worry about it, go ahead and play at recess on the playground. If they get dirty, it is fine."
When she got home that day, I asked what she did at recess, and she said she played on the swings by herself. I asked her if everything was okay. She said (with teary eyes) Yes, I just didn't want to get my shoes dirty, they just look so pretty.
Oh, Ally, my little worrier! I love you!
We had another little talk and I told her to wear the shoes!!!! but she has not worn them to school since, because she wants to play in the peagravel. She does come home pretty dirty!! They have a lot of fun at recess and after school on the playground.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: