Ally starts kindergarten in about 16 days:( We went school supply shopping the other day. It was kind of fun picking out things for her (instead of my usual buying for my students). I know it's silly but I took a picture of all the supplies. Ally picked out a Tinkerbell backpack which is very cute and it says "Never stop dreaming." I thought that was sweet. Mya, of course, had to have a backpack too. She does need one for preschool, but I was going to have her use the ones we have. But my Dora fanatic had to have the Dora backpack. I know I shouldn't give into her wants, but it is a pretty darn cute backpack. I told the girls we could donate the old ones to someone who needs them. Please note the Puff's brand tissues. These are the best because kids will use just one. Kids tend to use several of the other kinds. And the little square box kind......pretty pointless. They hold about 20 tissues. So if you have children going to school this year......teachers prefer Puff's brand!!!!
It is just so difficult to believe that summer is almost over. It has flown by. I am not ready yet. And I am not sure I am ready for the first day of kindergarten. I know she will be just fine, and I am not really too sappy when it comes to my kids growing up. I am glad they are growing and learning and doing well, but it just feels strange. And as a teacher, watching the students I have in second grade go through elementary school so fast. I know as soon as Ally starts school, we will blink and she will be in high school. Again, it just feels strange, but it is also so exciting!!!!




3 comments:
How exciting for Ally! The first day of kindergarten is such a special time. Don't worry mom; she will do just great! You are very thoughtful to buy the Puffs for the classroom! I also noticed the crayola brand markers and crayons. They are simply the best!
Love the picture!! When Wal-Mart starts putting out the school supplies it is bittersweet for me. In one way, I love school supplies but on another note, I know summer is coming to an end and I will miss out spending everyday with my girls.
Your daughters are soo pretty!!! Its seems like yesterday my oldest was starting school now she is going into 10th grade..Time flies!!!
Post a Comment