Monday, June 21, 2010

Today........

I tried to get a cute picture of the girls in their pretty yellow dresses that they picked out to wear..
they weren't in the mood for pictures :)




Mya played (very nicely) while.....






.....Ally practiced the piano.



We ate a small lunch at Arby's.  We split a chicken nugget combo with curly fries.  Yummy!



We enjoyed an extra long visit to the library. 

It was so nice and cool in there.



Loved this little headband...and the little girl who was wearing it :)



After the library, we went home and cleaned a little, watched a recorded show, and then headed to Mya's gymnastics class.  Luckily for Ally, her friend Alex was there.  They (extremely) enjoyed playing a game on his DS.   



Then it was home to cook supper.  Brent was home and got it started.  We had tacos (our favorite because no one complains on taco night!!) ...and of course, enjoyed a nice bowl of ice cream for dessert. (I prefer a cone)



We all enjoyed a nice game of "Frustration."  I think you might know it as "Trouble" but this is an old version that was in my dad's garage.  Same concept.  However, in our family, it does sometimes become frustrating. haha!



Somewhere along the way, Ally read Mya a couple of books.  Too, too sweet.  (Excuse the poor picture quality.....iphone pictures.)



...and finally, we ended the day with the girls watching a show before bed (in our bed) with their favorite snuggies.  Mya sleeps with these 3 EVERY night.  Just like this.  I don't know how it is comfortable, but it is cute.


and of course, Ally with her Skittles.  Love that dog.
I mentioned that we went to see Toy Story 3 the other night, and I thought of Ally's Skittles.  He is so important to her.  The movie was wonderful.  Loved the ending.  Man, did I cry!!

I felt that today was a normal day, with not much going on.  Not much going on, sure is a lot!!!!
I tell my students all the time when they are writing that you are never doing 'nothing.'  There is always something to tell. 


No comments: