Friday, June 18, 2010

Girl Scout Trip to Squire Boone Caverns


I recently got to tag along on the Girl Scout trip to Squire Boone Caverns.  We really had a great time!!

First, after climbing straight down, 78 (I think) stairs on a spiral staircase, the girls were guided through the cave and were able to see many different cave formations.  (It was so nice and cool down there, we didn't want to go back in the heat:)


Then, we visited many places in the village.  Here everyone is gem mining. 
I think Ally was happy with her finds!!!
The girls really enjoyed the gift shop.  They also were able to make there very own candle, see how soap was made and they had a picnic lunch.  Great learning experience for these wonderful young Girl Scouts:)
I was one of the lucky drivers.  Wow, did I get an earful of 7 year old information.  Probably more than I wanted to know.  I had 4 girls in my van......
and my nephew Cameron who was such a huge helper.  I am sure he enjoyed the van full of 7 year olds. lol.  We all had a fun day.  It was well worth the long drive.
*Mya was going to go with us, but before bed the night before, she said she felt scared and didn't want to go in the cave.  She decided she would rather stay at Cardinal Care, and she had a great time there with her friends. 

No comments: