The zoo was a lot of fun. We had a very nice June day, not too hot with an overcast and all the animals were out (we even got to pet an elephant and watch him get a bath.) The favorite of the day were the pony rides.
In July, during Brent's vacation, we went to the Indianapolis Children's Museum on a rainy Wednesday. I think it may have been better to go on a sunny day. It was very busy, but very neat. The girls really enjoyed it. We loved the Dinosaur exhibit. We left before 5 to try and beat the traffic, but on our way out, they had the Seven Wonders. They were beautiful. I think they were my favorite part!!
This is a picture of the entrance. Could you imagine if dinosaurs were on the planet with us? How incredible is this image?!
Now that is one big alligator!!
Momma having a little fun! Right behind this area is the "What lives Underground" exhibit. It was very neat. I crawled through it once but it was such a tight squeeze and some kids were behind me, I was a little scared! You crawl up through this hill and they have places where animals would be underground, then you come out of the hill via a slide. Again, I was worried I wasn't going to fit through the slide.
The dinosaurs were amazing. There was an area that had examples of what a dinosaur might smell. You could push a button and the scent would come out of a hole and you guess what the scent is. Then you could look under the board to see if you guessed correctly. Just one of the fun interactive areas they had throughout the entire museum.




No comments:
Post a Comment