Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day

What a crazy week this has been:) Monday was our first day back to school after Christmas Break. It was such a good, smooth day. Then, on Tuesday, Ally was sick with the stomach flu, and Wednesday I stayed home with her to give her recovery time (she still had a belly ache). Thursday and Friday we have had snow days!!  One day of work this week!!
 It is very cold out there. Yesterday we didn't even leave the house. Today, we set out and had a visit with Grandma Pride at Emerald House. She was happy to see us. We stayed for a couple of hours. She was entertained by the cartoons the girls were watching. Silly shows.
After our visit, we went to have lunch at Pizza Hut. Our friend Brenda met us there. The girls ate pretty well, but got a little rowdy. Aunt Michelle and Haley came in to eat lunch and the girls went to sit with them for a little bit...(sorry Michelle and Haley).


We came home and the girls were begging to get out and play in the snow. I didn't let them yesterday due to Ally's sickness, but decided it they wanted to that badly......I'd let them (gee aren't I nice:) Since Brent and I decided to buy the girls snow pants, it has made it much easier to get ready for the snow. I would recommend snow pants to any parent!!!! I know we don't get a whole lot of snow, but you can usually find them on sale at JCPenney's and, like I said, they make things much, much easier!!!!!!. I shoveled the driveway while the girls played. I was impressed......they lasted over an hour in the blistering cold. In fact, they probably could have stayed out longer but I was concerned with the cold on thier faces. It's kind of funny.... there were places in our yard with only a little amount of snow....you could still see grass........and then there were places that had at about 6 inches of snow (which included our driveway right by the garage doors.) I had quite a bit of shoveling to do. We were going to sled down the hill in our backyard, but as I said, there wasn't any snow on the hill, but we all still had a good time!! I can't wait until tomorrow when Daddy can go out with them. He is so, so much more fun than Mommy{grin}.





Saw this post on a photographer's website I enjoy reading.  Loved the Notebook Doodles.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness! If that was rowdy at Pizza Hut, are you sure you want my boys to eat with us Tuesday?! Your girls were good! I had a great time! Love all your pictures! Had fun seeing the girls again - but most of all had fun FINALLY spending time with you! (I know its my fault too! LOL! My memory is sorry!)