Happy Mother's Day!!
Warning! I am so in love with the pictures I took this weekend. They make me smile from ear to ear. I think there are 18 pictures in this post (and I narrowed it down a bit). This is my outlet for our memories and we had so much fun, I wanted to share them all!!!!!!!

Ally was so sweet and made me a picture. She says it is a cover to a book she is making. I was so happy when she gave this to me. She was just coloring in the living room, I had no idea she was working on this. She did this all by herself with no help. Yay!! Her reading and writing skills are coming along. I can't wait to see what the rest of the book will say:)

We started off the weekend right on Friday evening when we got home from school. It had been raining and I pointed out that the sun was shining. Ally immediately asked if she could get her rain boots on and splash around in the puddles. Wow, did they ever have a great time!! It was so much fun to watch (and take pictures, of course).

After a while, they went to the back yard for a quick swing.

And then, back to more splashing.

I l-o-v-e-d every minute of watching them giggle and splash and not worry about getting dirty or wet!! It was a super fun time. Brent arrived home a few minutes in to our splash fest and got to enjoy their excitement as well.

Saturday morning was so beautiful!! Mya could not wait to get outside. Here she is blowing bubbles at 8:25 am!!!! in her pajamas.

We finally got dressed and went outside. Mya decided she wanted to play Dora castle on the porch. You know, she always amazes me with her creative ideas and knowing exactly what toys she wants to play with. Love that !!

Ally has been riding her bike a lot!!! She has finally grown into her bike she received for her 4th birthday (she is 6 now). She is loving it. We actually bought Mya a bike for her birthday that is quite a bit smaller. We have been trying to convince Ally that she could ride it without training wheels. She tried it out on Sunday, but decided she wasn't ready.

Just more photos. Ally before she was wet and dirty from mud puddles.
Here is Mya (I mean, Miss Major Independent) buttoning her sweater. Yes, Mommy can do it much faster, but she does NOT want Mommy to do it. Yes, she could get outside in the puddles more quickly, but no, she insists on doing it herself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty sweet!!

On Sunday, Mother's day, we went to my sister, Michelle's house. Mike had planned for everyone to come out and surprise Michelle. She is turning the big 4-0 this week. We had a wonderful time; food, family, friends, baby kittens, basketball, the bag game, country air, and bugs!!!! Blast!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment