Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quite a month...

I usually feel like, wow, I am pretty lucky. I don't get sick very often. But right now I feel like that is all we have been........sick. The girls have both had sicknesses. Poor Mya had a 103 fever last week. They are both fine now. I am home today with laryngitis.It's so funny because the last two mornings I have had to whisper to the girls. They just whisper right back. I told them they don't have to whisper, but Ally said, "I want to, Mommy!" I think I am going to whisper every morning because things were so much nicer. Calm. Hmm. I don't think my second graders would benefit from me being at school with NO voice. It's been tough. I feel like I have missed so much school lately. Luckily, Brent has stayed pretty healthy. He has had many other things to cope with.
Brent's Grandma passed away on Nov. 1st. We sure miss her so much. This wonderful lady raised Brent and it sure is hard to lose her. We had the most beautiful day for her funeral. It was perfect. We could feel her there with us.




I can't believe Thanksgiving is so close. I am very ready to put up the Christmas tree. We always put it up during Thanksgiving break. I love the way the house feels with the tree lights on. So peaceful and yet exciting. Here is a picture from last year. I can't believe how much the girls have changed. Especially Mya.




This picture makes me laugh. I was trying to get 1 good picture for Christmas cards and they were being so silly (along with Mya's big sore between her eyes). Ahh, memories.

No comments: