Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Filled with emotion......

Last Sunday, I went to Evansville to meet my friend, Margie. I dropped the girls off at my mom's house and headed to Target before our lunch date. I was headed down the Lloyd Expressway listening and singing along with Brad Paisley. If you know his songs, it was called "Doesn't Get Better than This," when suddenly I came upon this line of cars and people with flags. I mean this was a line......I would say at least a half a mile long. Everyone was just watching and waiting for their loved ones to arrive home. I was so moved by this. I could just feel their anticipation and love for these people they were waiting on. It was a very moving moment. My heart went out to them and I hope they had a wonderful day!


My shopping trip went pretty well. I did quite a bit of shopping at Target. Wow, that store is so fun. I found gifts for the girls and a gift for Brent and I also bought some clothes for the girls. Mostly Mya. Ally is a little more difficult because she is between sizes. She wears a 5 or a 6. Well, you can find 5's in the infant/toddler section, and sixes in the little girls section, so it gets kind of tricky. I prefer the toddler section because the clothes are more like little girls, not teenagers.
Margie and I had a nice lunch at the Olive Garden. We had salad and breadsticks. Then we went to the mall. It is so nice to shop with Margie. I hardly ever get to see or talk to her, but we always manage to have an awesome time together.
I went to pick up the girls at my mom's and headed home. It was nice knowing we had a short work week to look forward to. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I can't wait to eat all of the delicious food and relax with family.

No comments: