Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day

Christmas Eve was a joy.  We spent the day relaxing, yet preparing.  We made tons of cookies in the new stand mixer.  We all went to 4 pm Christmas Mass.  I assumed it wouldn't be too packed because the children's mass was scheduled for 6pm, but I was wrong.  We arrived at 3:45 and there were at least 15 people standing in the back.  We decided to go up and sit by the alter, and on our way we found 2 chairs empty, so we took those and had the girls sit on our laps.  It was a very nice mass!  The girls looked so beautiful, and when we were leaving the church it was snowing......such a peaceful presence.



I mentioned that we played dominoes with my mom, Terry and Bud.  We absolutely adore this game (and even more so when we get to play it with wonderful people like them).





Christmas Morning!!!!
I tell you.......every year we have had to wake these sleepy little girls.  It is so strange because Mya is the first one up everyday!!  Usually daylight!  But not Christmas morning.  I had mentioned to Brent that I wanted to wait on them this year.......but low and behold 8:00 rolls around and I can't stand it!  We went to wake them up......again.  I guess that makes it a tradition now!!
I just love these pictures.  I tried to capture their excitement..........




.........and I think I succeeded!!



The girls were pretty simple this year.  They both asked for a clock and a lamp (pretty practical:)
Ally asked for a DSi and Mya asked for a Play-dough cake maker set.   I think they were both very happy and grateful. 

We were all blessed with a white Christmas.  It was so beautiful to wake up to a snow covered ground.  It was absolutely perfect!   

Around noon, Mom and Terry came over.  We had coneys in the crock-pot so everyone could help themselves all day long.  I really enjoyed this......less mess, very filling, and we could eat again whenever we wanted.  Perfect. 
My sister and her family came around 3:00.
Here we have Elaina opening her gift from us.....Eclipse.  She claims to be Team Jacob :) and of course next to her is Grandpa certainly giving someone a hard time. LOL! 

We also gave the Kavanaugh kids Just Dance 2 because they have been loving ours.  They even danced to a couple of the songs for us!!

Grandpa Terry received a 'Fisherman's Knife' made by Cutco!  That should come in handy this spring and summer. 

Ahhh, pillow pets, and DSi games.  What more could one ask for. 
It was such a wonderful, relaxed day with family around.  I really should start demanding family pictures.  I always regret not doing that!! 

Here Elaina and Cam are dancing for us!!
If you don't have Just Dance.......you need to get it.  It has been the best game.  People of all ages that we have been around this holiday season, have enjoyed this game.  I was so shocked, but it is amazing.  We LOVE this game right now.  The girls, Brent, me......LOVE!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Amy! I still check your blog and enjoy reading your updates. Your girls are precious. Enjoy another snow day today. We will have to remember the fun we are having now when we are still going to school in June!!

Krista said...

We got Just Dance over break, too! Had a blast. . .even got my dad to do a little Viva Las Vegas!