Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mission Accomplished


From the Title it sounds like we set out to complete this goal. Actually, it has been on the back burner since before Ally went to kindergarten. We sat down with her then and tried to start the process. As we soon discovered, she was not ready. Ally is definitely of the personality that she must be ready. Potty training was extremely the same way. We tried it around 2 years old, she was not ready, so we waited until we felt she was ready (3 years and 2 months old) and, boom, done in a day!!
Shoe tying.......same story.
The girls wanted to play soccer this spring, so we signed them up. They both played last fall. We sat down to try on their cleats and make sure they still fit. Yay!!! Ally's fit and Mya's fit!! Ally says to me, "Mommy, why haven't I learned to tie my shoes yet?"
So I tell her, "Let's try now."
Boom!! 2 tries and she's got it.


The funny part of this story is that Mya was sitting right next to Ally when she asked that question. As I am showing Ally, she is watching and trying to tie her pair. Well, she gets the first part no problem, so after I showed Ally, I showed her......Can you guess?
Yep, Mya can now tie her shoes too. The little fart wants to learn everything her sister does. She has this amazing drive to learn. Ally does too, don't get me wrong. She just has to come into it on her own terms. Mya watches Ally so closely and tries to learn what she does. I love these girls.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: