Friday, August 22, 2008

Kindergarten

Ally started kindergarten 2 weeks ago. It has been a very busy yet wonderful start. It is nice to have my girls both at the same place. It's been a while since we've had that. And they are so happy and comfortable being around familiar places. All of my stress and worry about where to send Ally to kindergarten has been eased. Here are some pictures of Ally with her teacher and teaching assistant at open house and then pics of her on the first day. She seems to really love it. Ms. Molly is great and Ally tells us all about the fun things she does every day.





It has been a long time since I have posted. Being back at school, I am usually too busy in the evening to get on the computer.
I have a pretty good class this year. Pretty calm and no major behavior problems. Yipee!!!!!
Ally is going to start soccer next week and I am so happy!!! I want her to try things before her surgery (which won't be until May). But I want her to see if she is interested in sports/activities before she is down again next summer. She shouldn't be down long this time, but we will want her to be careful for a while, until her bone fills in (from the 10 screws)!!!!! That makes me cringe even thinking about it.
She had to get 4, yes 4, shots on Tuesday for kindergarten. She limped for 2 days (so dramatic). One of them was a tetnus shot, so I guess it may have hurt a little bit, but still. Ms. Molly had to mention that she would never let them give her children more than 2 at a time. I hadn't really considered that I may have had a choice, but in the long run, I am glad it is over with. I don't think I would have been able to drag her back for a second round!!!!!
Chat soon!!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Good to hear from you! I know how busy things can be with school and to be a mom of two girls ta boot... I can definitely see why the last thing on your minds in the evenings is a new post for the blog! Glad to hear you have a good class... I'll second your yippee!!!

I see children as nothing but miracles and your "New Pics" section is priceless... you have two sweet miracles on your hands!!