Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Really Miss Blogging


I really miss the days when I would blog --possibly weekly--.
How did I stray so far away from it?  I really miss telling my daily life stories.  The little things in our lives that I want to remember.  I know we are busy, but I need to make time to record these beautiful details -- my babies are growing way too fast.

 This summer, we were able to take a trip to Florida.  This trip was a blessing for many reasons (and I'll get to that:)
Brent had to travel to Japan in May for 3 weeks.  It's strange how things work out because he was supposed to stay for 4 weeks, but already had this trip scheduled, so luckily, his work, allowed him to come home a week early.  That......is BLESSING #1!

We traveled to Orlando...and we drove.  Our first experience with driving with the kiddos.  I was a little worried.  I mean, they are old enough to be able to occupy themselves, but I was hoping they would not complain and keep saying, "Are we there yet?"  {grin}  Well, I guess I knew that was inevitable.  Ha Ha!  Since Brent had been in Japan, and they are 13 hours ahead of us, he was on a completely different schedule than us and was able to drive through the night.  Let me just say -- BLESSING #2

We decided to look into renting a house to make our stay more like home.  We found a beautiful, safe, perfect for us home about 10 minutes from Sea World (which was our place of interest).  This was a 4 bedroom home (way more than we needed), with an equipped kitchen, and most importantly, it's own pool!!  Since Brent was coming off of a 3 week trip in Japan, I wanted us to be as comfortable as possible.  Did I mention we left about 36 hours after picking him up from the airport.  He is such a great man!!!!
BLESSING #3  is definitely the house we rented (for cheaper than a hotel, I might add)!! 
Miss Ally took along her own camera, and was  a little photographer.  I loved watching all she was interested in at Sea World.  These girls are for sure animal lovers (from afar, of course). 
 
 
I wanted to share this photo...this photo...this image that is in my head.  I have several photos like this one, and they always give me goosebumps.  I can't get over how Mya puts her hand on her Daddy's neck.  I love her tender-like way of showing affection.
I have a friend who creates pictures out of wool...I love them...I have bought several.  But she recently made one that said, "You never know when you are going to make a memory!" 
Yep!!
 BLESSING #4  Our loving family.

This, of course, is the pool at the house we rented.  These little bugs would NOT get out of this pool!  They loved it.  It was the perfect size for them.  And that little step they are standing on....it's in the deep end.....it was there FAVORITE :)

One of our days, we went to a goofy golf place. 

We had a blast........and I think Daddy won.  He is so competitive.  haha!!

 Cooling off in the misters at Sea World. 


Ok, before I tell you about this photo, take a look at it.  Pretty amazing little timer I have on my cheapy camera. Right?
Ok, in this photo is, Ally, Me, Mya, Brent, Nancy (Brent's mother whom I've never met), and Missy (Brent's sister).
Yes, you read that correctly, I, nor our girls, had ever met Nancy before.  She lives in Florida, and has quite a hearing loss plus other health issues that we have recently become aware of. 
I'm just going to say:  BLESSING #5  (PERIOD)

 We drove to the Gulf side to be able to visit with Nancy and Missy......so we stayed the day and part of the night.  I think this picture says it all!!  aaahhhhh!!!  I love the beach.  and so did the girls.  They found MANY MANY treasures at this beach.  We came home with a bucket FULL of nice sized shells. 
This trip was full of many, many BLESSINGS.  Too many to list of course.  And I must say, it is the best family trip we have taken so far.  Very relaxed, very fun, and evenings "at home."  Much needed. 

No comments: