Saturday, November 27, 2010

"Us" Right Now

I have been really thinking about these few photos. In all their imperfections (the photo's), they tell the story of "us" right now. With our busy schedules, and unclean house, and super fun personalities......I love these photos.

Here, Ally and I are working on the Oreo truffles. What makes this photo special to me is the messy countertop, Mya in the background playing Rock Band no doubt, and....if you can see it....all of the drawings, pictures, etc., on the fridge. This is special because a couple of these are daily struggles I have. A battle with the countertop and the 'stacks' of stuff. Yet, while I struggle with it, I try and remember that this is where we are.



In this photo, I see Ally. I mean really see her. This IS her!!! A reader and a writer. Lover of 'comfty' clothes. Insistant upon long (Christmas) socks. Serious. Comfortable.


My Mya!! I just took this picture today, and yet I couldn't have captured her personality any better. Her expressions are........well.....I don't even have the words.......PRICELESS! She had just finished helping put the branches in the Christmas tree, so her hands are dirty. I said to her, "Mya, let me see your hands." She turned around and.......this is what I got. I love this spunky, sweet, smart, persistant, kookey, quick-witted personality of hers. This is yet another struggle of mine. She is so so different than me. I want to nourish her personality, but I find it difficult. I am a rule follower, she is a free spirit. I.......love.......it. I am so envious!!!



We recently, as a family, worked on this beautiful piece of art!! I found the idea HERE and just had to do it!!! How awesome. Each day for 2 weeks, we have been drawing/writing what we are thankful for. The girls can't wait to add theirs each day. I am so pleased on how it turned out. I love the things they wanted to add. Brent hung it on our wall in the 'dining' room today, but the girls insist they want to add more each day. We told them that was awesome. All they have to do is tell us they have something to add and we will take it down for them to add to it. I don't know if you can see any of these. Just to list a few: Jesus, Mary, eye sight, food, running water, freedom, sunsets, family, bees (Ally had a wonderful explanation for this), our health, our home, our relatives, church, school, sunsets. Again, just to name a few. I am so proud of the items our family came up with, and I love that we all want to add more!!.


This Thanksgiving, Brent was sick with the flu and unable to go to my sister's for our family gathering. This made the holiday a bit different. However, I am so thankful to have him and our girls. Everyday, I feel so blessed. Through the ups and downs of the emotions of the day, the stresses of work, the busyness of our schedules, I am so blessed. We are so blessed!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: